Friday, April 3, 2015

Gender Roles Can Suck It - Part two

I never know how to describe myself to people.  I didn't get it until I realized how much I was bullied.  I think that is where a lot of my problems came from.  I never felt I fit. And goodness I tried to be them or what they wanted me to be.  I was slapped, gum was put in my hair, my bra strap was snapped, I had panic attacks and no one noticed they just thought I was emotional.  I was then teased for my bladder control, weight, crying, and I liked hanging out with boys more than girls.  I tried to hang out with other girls. I liked to try gymnastics moves and for a second thought about trying out for the cheerleaders in Catholic school; until I was told by a girl who would definitely get a spot that the uniform wouldn't fit me.  I eventually just figured out that any chick worth hanging out with is worth dealing with their entourage. I did eventually make a few female friends that I am still in contact with.(1) I did find a very best friend that I will have for the rest of my life when I was 16.(2)



(1) Maybe I should host a game night. Gives me an added bonus to finish cleaning for spring.
(2) I fought hard for that title. (best friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment